Closed cell foam and sponge rubber products have been used for gasketing, cushioning, insulating, and padding applications for years. The number of options available can be daunting, but Insul-Fab sales engineers can help specify the right product for each application based on needs for compression deflection, compression set, temperature, flammability, oil resistance, UV resistance, and density.
Closed cell foam is what it sounds like. The cells are completely closed, which prevents air and moisture from getting through. Therefore, it gives closed foam more rigid and stable characteristics than open cell. Closed cell foam insulation helps provide structural integrity to buildings and is unaffected by water when they come in contact with each other.
- Neoprene blends, PVC, vinyl/nitrile, polyethylene, EPDM, polyurethane, silicone, and more in split-thickness rolls and sheets or converted to end-use products.
- Vertical integration of capabilities provides splitting, adhesive lamination, roll slitting, spooling, die-cutting, thermoforming, and water jet cutting.
- Large stock of materials available to choose from.
- Gaskets and foam tapes
- HVAC and appliances
- Cabinets and enclosure seals
- Thermal insulation
- Medical disposables
- Oil and gas equipment
- Automotive and Transportation
- Aircraft and Aerospace
Since our founding more than 30 years ago, Insul-Fab has been partnering with leading suppliers in the dynamic foam industry to provide, sheet, roll, and fabricated parts to end-users and other fabricators. We are a vertically integrated converter offering all closed-cell spray foam and sponge converting services in polyurethane and other material types beyond the original raw material manufacture.
We also serve fabricators in the southern and western US with closed-cell foam split sheets and rolls from major material manufacturers. Brand names we offer include Monarch®, Ensolite®, Oletex®, Volara®, K-Tek®, Rogers Poron®, Rogers Bisco®, Nomaco, and American National Rubber. For legacy products and those that are hard to find, we offer alternatives, such as Rubatex closed-cell foams.
- Closed Cell Foam Products Brochure (PDF)